We’ve all heard the legends about The Most Interesting Man in the World…but did you know that he’s also a software developer?
- His C++ code never causes a segmentation fault; instead, it apologizes and faults itself.
- Lenna has a poster of him on her bedroom wall.
- He never assigns IP addresses to his network packets. They still get there anyway.
- He is such a rockstar developer that actual rock stars envy him.
- He can comment out random lines from a software project, and everything still works perfectly.
- His version of ‘brute force’ gives a firewall an actual black eye.
- When he commits his source code, he only needs to do it once.
- When he invokes recursion, it just skips to the final result.
- His software is so flawless that his employers have needed to create malware for it.
- He has only practiced rubber duck debugging once…but when he did, that rubber duck magically turned into Linus Torvalds.
Peter Bolton is the author of Blowing the Bridge: A Software Story and has also been known to be a grumpy bastard on occasion.